Sunday, February 20, 2005

Rant #1: "The Village", Orange Fingertips and the Answer to Everything.

Last night I figured out the secret to life and the universe while sitting on the couch watching M. Night Shyamalan's "The Village" on DVD. This epiphany really had nothing to do with the movie itself. In fact, I don't think I was even paying attention to the television when it all came down on me like a ton of bricks.

It all happened just before the scene in which Adrian Brody stabs Joaquin Phoenix. Now here's the bloody rub. I was suddenly sucked back into the movie when I noticed the knife in Brody's hand and I totally forgot what I was thinking about. Oh, I was soooo pissed. I had the answers to all of life's questions on the tip of my cerebral cortex and lost it all because of my stupid short attention span. Man I hate it when that happens!

I backed up the movie several minutes to try to get back in my "zone" but the feeling was gone, seemingly lost forever. How sad, right? I started this blog with the hope that typing it out would somehow get me back into that trancelike state again, a sort of retracing of steps if you will. Unfortunately, all I can seem to remember is how tasty those damn Cheetos were that I was eating at the time. I know what you're thinking...tried that...didn't help.

So now I just have to live with the fact that I almost had it. I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look but it was gone. I cannot put my finger on it now and I fear I never will again.

Man these Cheetos are good!

1 comment:

Pamela Goodwin-Daniels said...

What you saw out of the corner of your eye was a YUMA, I've seen them all my life. Just think if you had all the answers and the secrets to life, they'd have to come and kill you!! So, it was very propituous to you that M.Night is such a good story-teller, and had Brody stab Phoenix right at that moment, I never expected it! Anyhow, think how much we'd miss you on the blogclicker! Good to have you back.